Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
The most important thing to do after suffering from a water loss of any kind is to ensure that you and others on your Ceres, OK property are safe. After that, it is important to call a company you can trust with your water damage cleanup and restoration needs. SERVPRO of Stillwater & Guthrie has the experience, expertise, and equipment necessary to properly clean up and restore your property back to preloss conditions.
Once you've given our SERVPRO team a call, review the list of Do's and Don'ts down below to see important things to take into consideration until help arrives.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (405) 332-2122
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.